Setting up the classroom:
- Make it as dark as possible
- Have flashlights available for the children to use
- Hang a moon and stars from the ceiling
- Play nighttime noises on tape – crickets, cicadas, owls
- Have the children wear camping clothes or pajamas
- Set up a tent
- Make a campfire from sticks with colored paper flames
- Make nocturnal animal art projects, play games, eat nighttime snacks
- Don’t forget to sing camp songs!
Activity provided by:
Story County Conservation Board
Nature Boxes for Early Childhood Educators
56461 180th St.
Ames, IA 50010
Story County Conservation